How do we learn? What does it mean to have learned, is it simply the storing of information in the mind? Is everyone capable of learning and what is the role of intelligence in the acquisition of knowledge? In the presence or absence of role models, what is our primary motivator for learning anything at all?
Why Study Learning Theories in Psychology?
In this module on Learning Theories, you will learn about our different learning styles, the process of conditioning on the animal and human brain, the impact of our family and environment on what and how we learn, the transfer, or extinguishing of learning over time, and the impact on our behaviour of social observation, reinforcement and rewards, and environmental influences in everyday experiences.
- Definitions and examples of learning in the brain – and mind
- Different styles of learning & retaining information over time
- Behavioural, Social and Psychodynamic Psychological theories
- Evolutionary Theory & Preparedness
- Pavlov experiments, Classical Conditioning & everyday experience
- Case Study ‘Little Albert’ on phobias, fear conditioning & experimental ethics
- Schedules of Reinforcement & Addiction Conditioning
- Generalisation, Discrimination & Spontaneous Recovery
- Skinner & Thorndike’s Law of Effect
- Operant Conditioning, Reinforcement & Punishment
- Bandura experiments, Social Learning Theory & Role Modelling
- Psychodynamic motivators of learning
Personal Interest & Career Progression
This module is highly recommended for anyone working with and teaching children, adults, and even animals, and those wishing to learn how to tailor teaching plans for individual learning styles and optimal student outcomes. By taking this module, you will discover how we learn and acquire knowledge, and how it influences the way in which we behave. This module offers an excellent opportunity to develop core comprehension of our internal psychological processes, the impact of cognitive conditioning on our behaviour, the development of phobias, addictions, and social learning theories of psychological development, which will enable you to identify your own learning style, and enhance brain development and life experiences. Especially useful for anyone interested in developing greater awareness, for general interest, professional development, or application to learning environments, such as;
- Early Years & Nursery Settings
- Home & Family Care
- Education and Learning
- Therapy, Counselling, & Psychotherapy
- Emotional & Trauma Support Centres
- Social & Community Support Work
- Nursing & Care Home Placements
- Addiction & Phobia Rehabilitation
How it Works
This video module on ‘Learning Theories’, taught by a professionally accredited lecturer in Psychology, can be taken as a stand-alone study, or as part of the complete course in core Psychology. After purchase, video media is downloaded directly to your mobile or computing device, where you have unlimited lifetime access & replay with no login necessary. You may take this or any module, or the entire course in Psychology, purely for personal interest purposes. After completion, however, you have the option to apply for Certification for your Personal Curriculum Vitae, or Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolios, by the submission of a brief online test of your knowledge gained.
- Video Tutorial [50:00 minute recording]
- Taught by a Professionally Accredited Lecturer in Psychology
- No previous experience or formal pre-course requirements
- Learn at your own pace, with replay facility
- Download directly to your mobile or computing device
- Unlimited Lifetime Access, No login required
- Course & Modular Certification Available
- Study Method: Distance Learning
- Fee: £15
‘Most enjoyable. I was able to apply the lessons in class to life outside.
Brilliant. Attend these courses!!!’
(Brian – Mature Student)
‘Carole has changed my whole outlook on learning. I feel I can accomplish anything I want now, my mindset is now a growth mindset! Thank you’
(Gemma – Pastoral Assistant)
I will definitely suggest your courses to my friends and some of my clients’
(Sonia ~ Therapist)
For general information & educational purposes. 18 yrs+ only. Results may vary. Terms Apply. Hebe House Ltd.© All Rights Reserved.