Dreams are the gateway to the unconscious. Every night, all humans need to sleep, and often we dream, but why? Is the dream just a collection of wish fulfilments and desires, or random images that appear in semi-conscious states, or is there a purpose for dreaming? When dreams seem so irrational, do they have any relevance at all to our waking life, and do the characters and images that appear, have any real significance? During the day, our conscious mind is alert, aware, and awake, but how and why is it, that during the night, when our waking mind sleeps, our sleeping mind wakes?
Seminar Preview …
Some people remember their dreams, others do not. It is estimated that we dream for approximately 2 hours a night, but can we use symbolism to analyse our subconscious mind, is there any real meaning of a recurring dream, and is there an upside to a nightmare? Within this live seminar recording on Dream Analysis, you will learn how to decode symbolic imagery and how to analyse your own dreams. Also included is discussion on sleep stages and changes in brain frequencies in relation to external zeitgebers; internal hormonal shifts, sleep cycles, REM, and how to get the best night’s sleep.
Who is this course for?
Recommended for anyone wishing to sleep better, learn the ancient language of subconscious communication, develop a refreshingly new perspective on the real reason for a nightmare, and explore why we sleep and dream. This live seminar recording is available in either audio or video media. Taught by an accredited lecturer in psychoanalysis, you will learn how to use and decode ‘symbolic sight’ in dream analysis, for personal or professional progression. And discover how you can make your subconscious mind work for you – even when sleeping.
- Explore the reasons why we sleep and dream?
- Brain anatomy, the pineal gland, brain & neurological changes in sleep
- Sleep Stages & REM (Rapid Eye Movement) in Dream Sleep
- States of Consciousness, & the importance of sleep for biological & psychological health
- Freud on dream interpretation, & symbols of transformation
- Symbolic sight, & the language of the subconscious mind
- Uncover the real cause of seasonal sleep changes & SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- Overcome insomnia, parasomnia, & discover natural techniques for a good night’s sleep
- The ego’s involvement in sleep & memory
- Why we dream of cars, flying, & running around a house
- Precognition and prophecy
- Mythology and the purpose of a nightmare
- Recurring dreams & their meanings
- Common dream symbols; butterflies, beaches, bathrooms, cars, dungeons, tsunamis & dragonflies
- Learn to analyse and decode your own dreams
- Use your dreaming mind to inform your waking life
Personal & Career Interests
In mastering the art of symbolic language and communication, this seminar is highly recommended for personal growth, and for anyone working in therapeutic settings with babies, children, or adults in professional placements such as;
- Early Years, Day Care & Nursery placements
- Parental Care & Understanding
- Child Therapy
- Private Therapy, Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Non Verbal Communication Settings
How it Works
This live seminar, available in either audio or video media, is taught by an accredited lecturer in Psychoanalysis. After purchase, your chosen media is downloaded directly to your mobile or computer device, where you have unlimited lifetime access & replay, with no login necessary.
- Audio or Video Tutorial [Total Recording 50:00 Minutes]
- Taught by a Professionally Accredited Lecturer in Psychoanalysis
- No previous experience or formal pre-course requirements
- Learn at your own pace, with replay facility
- Download directly to your mobile or computing device
- Unlimited Lifetime Access, No login required
- Study Method: Distance Learning
- Fees: Audio Course £15, or, Video Course £23
‘Wow – I never knew my mind was actually trying to help me’ ~ Brian
‘Carole is passionate about her subject matter. This comes over through her delivery, her knowledge, her enthusiasm – hugely informative and thought-provoking’ ~ Sarah
‘Your talk was so interesting I just didn’t want it to end – your skill as a teacher is clearly acknowledged and appreciated by your students, they have said such lovely things about you’ ~ Beth
‘Thank you for helping me decode my dream. Especially loved the information on symbolic language’ ~ Charlotte
Select your preferred learning media below …
For general information purposes. 18 yrs+ only. Results may vary. Terms Apply. Hebe House Ltd.© All Rights Reserved.